Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello ENGL 539!

Tuition? How about a kidney!
I went through the initial motions of starting the "Travel Is Fatal" blog last year as a replacement for my China blog that I wrote as part of my job/life as a travel writer/journalist/English teacher/restaurant reviewer/student from 2004-2007 while living in China. After a drastic transition from civilian back to military life, the travel writing--and non-academic writing in general--was interrupted.

So, this is me getting back on the wagon.  And getting academic credit for it.

It took a deal of good fortune to get me to get here. A fortunate schedule that has my ship in an extended repair period, kidney surgery (see picture), and an upcoming transfer out of the Surface Warfare Community all aligned to allow me the opportunity to take a full graduate course load at ODU this fall. It may still be a challenge to accomplish everything--especially when I'm back to full duty--but this was my window of opportunity.

So, for the English 539 and 662 assignments and every other void that having an online expository platform such as this might fill: Hello World!

No comments: